As a parent, finding activities that keep your toddler engaged and entertained can be a challenge to say the least. But, with a little creativity (and some masking tape), you can transform your living room into a thrilling race track that will provide hours of fun for your little ones.
- Masking Tape
- Toy Cars or any small vehicles
- Scissors (optional)
- Plan Your Track Design: Start by deciding on the design of your race track. You can make it as simple or complex as you like. A simple rectangle or a figure-eight is a good place to start.
- Start Taping: Once you’ve decided on your design, begin taping the track on the floor. Use masking tape to mark out the track's boundaries, curves, and straightaways. Make sure to press the tape down firmly to avoid it coming up as you race around.
- Add Details: Next, add any additional details to your track. For example, you can create a pit stop or add jumps and hills using more masking tape. We like to use our Little Dutch Wooden Rainbow to make tunnels and ramps. You’ll be surprised what items your child will find to add to the track!
- Start Racing: Once your track is complete, bring out the toy cars or any small vehicles your toddler has and let them race around the track. Your little ones will love the feeling of racing their own cars and trucks around the track they helped create.
- Take advantage of the quiet time and enjoy a nice cup of tea while your child is entertained!
Creating a DIY race track for your toddler is a fun and simple way to keep them entertained. With just a roll of masking tape and a little imagination, you can turn your living room into an awesome race track that your kiddo will love. Try it out today, and watch their faces light up with excitement!
And please share your creations with us on social media using the hashtag #KidStoreFun