2 - 3 Week lead time for shipping
After the warmth of the mother’s womb, the cradle is the place where the baby will spend most of his time during the first months of his life; the place where he will gradually wake up to the world. Charlie Crane therefore designed the KUMI as both a reassuring cocoon and a space open to the outside world.
The design of the KUMI combines tradition and modernity. It retains the millenary lateral swing, a delicate movement that helps babies fall asleep, while sketching minimalist and contemporary lines, thanks in particular to the laces that surround it, which gives it both lightness and safety.
During assembly, the parents tie the cords themselves. A gesture of high emotional value since it involves participating in the construction of the child’s nest.
The KUMI cradle is available in two versions of cocoon: a light and solid mesh transparent, allowing the child to look outwards and his parents to cover it with their benevolent looks, and the other in 100% organic cotton quilted fabrics, natural or printed.
4 colours of laces are available: Aqua, Pink, Black&White and Hazelnut.
For all versions, the mattress is provided and a range of mattress protectors and fitted sheets are available as options.
- Use from birth until the child can sit alone, stand up or crawl.
- Compliant with European standard EN1130:1996 and PR EN1130:2018
- Extra simple assembly using an Allen key supplied
- Detachable and machine washable fabric at 40°C
- Design: Gaspard Tiné-Bérès for Charlie Crane
- Registered design
- Made in Turkey (Wood), France (Mattresses and laces), China (Cocoon).
- Wooden structure: Beech plywood hoop from Turkey or Romania, 2 coats matt water-based varnish. Skids and uprights in solid Beech wood from Turkey, 2 coats matt water-based varnish.
- Metal structure: Wire and metal plate Steel White epoxy paint
- Mesh Version Cocoon: 100% Polyester net – 100% cotton bottom
- Cocoon Version Quilted Textile: Organic Natural Cotton Fabrics from Spain, 100% polyester padding – 100% cotton bottom
- Laces : Round braided laces 100% Polyester thickness 5mm
- Mattress: 100% cotton cover mattress – PU foam padding certified Certipur. thickness 5 cm.
Content of the box:
- 1 Beech plywood hoop
- 2 feet and 4 legs in solid Beech
- 1 Metal structure
- 1 cocoon
- 1 Mattress
- 1 bag of screws and bolts
- 2 laces length 9,50 m
- 1 user manual (FR/EN/DE/DE/NL/IT/ES/PT)